Extremely comfortable and spacious hotel set in beautiful gardens, creating a luxuriant oasis within Funchal. We had a huge bed in a Superior Room with balcony looking out to sea. First class service from courteous and helpful staff, who booked trips round the island and levada walks for us, and a taxi from and to the airport.
The walk uphill from Funchal centre is quite challenging and, as the last Quinta courtesy bus leaves town at 5.45, you'll probably need to use a taxi if you eat in town. We felt that the hotel could have provided a bus later in the evening, and perhaps didn't do so partly to 'encourage' residents to take meals in the hotel. The food was very good, but the A la Carte menu changes only every three months and we felt we'd exhausted its choices in the first week (we stayed for two). The Table d'Hote menu was quite expensive and seven courses was more than we could manage. Hot food cannot be ordered after 3.45 at the pool. We think the hotel needs to provide more flexibility in its menus (and more choice of teas and coffees in the bedrooms). The hotel doesn't provide a spa, and the sauna is switched off unless you book it.
But overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and strongly recommend the Quinta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal