I would highly recommend this hotel. The gardens are spectacular, the pool area is lovely, the breakfast is delicious, the staff are wonderful, the hotel is very clean, all the rooms face south over the bay and the giant tortoise is very cute! The place is a real find. Not exactly cheap but worth the money. You can get down to the centre of the town by way of a steep 15 minute walk but the hotel also provides a courtesy bus service during the day, and a taxi down in the evening should only cost €5-6.
The staff are very helpful and started the breakfast service early on our last day so that we could have breakfast before going to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal