My wife and I stayed here in October 2012 and had a fantastic time, despite some poor weather. The hotel was spotless and the staff extremely helpful and polite. I have given the location a v.good rather than excellent, because it may not be to everyone's liking. We like to walk a lot and found the walk up the steep hill a good bit of exercise. It is not for the faint hearted. Have to admit to cheating with taxis a couple of times after a night out! Taxis are generally good and cheap, but one did try to rip us off by taking a circuitous route - fortunately we knew where we were going. The pool area is really nice, the gardens well maintained and the restaurant excellent. You will find better deals for dinner including wine at the top rated restaurants in Funchal, but the food and wine served at the hotel were top drawer. I would say the guests were mostly more mature, 40s upwards (including us), and it was a really peaceful place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal