The hotel is situated above Funchal in quite extensive gardens. It is an advantage being away from the main area of souless hotels along the coast but is a bit of a hike on foot. However the hotel offers transport into the town at intervals during the day and taxis are about 7€. The position for us was a great advantage. the hotel consists of an old mansion housing the restaurant and the library and a new part housing the rooms. It appears much more in keeping than the new blocks elsewhere.
The rooms are large and comfortable and the staff very helpful. The restaurant offers good food but the service can be a bit slow. The breakfast was good with a wide variety of possibilities.
There is a very small gym and a reasonable outdoor swimming pool which was used even over Christmas. WiFi is free and was available in our room although I gather from comments that it does not stretch everywhere. There is a free car park for those with a hire car but taxis are readily available. We visited some of the big hotels on the coast but this was far preferable in ambience and position
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HostelBookers, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal