Just back from an incredibly relaxing and beautiful stay at Jardins do Lago over Christmas. Everything was spot on and I'd say this is the best hotel I've stayed in because it scores highly in all areas. A stately home (though wonderfully maintained giving it a modern feel) in magnificent surroundings. Full of charm and character. The pool side views are gorgeous. Superb food and staff you can instantly trust to put your needs first. Little touches such as the chocolates at bed time and the amazing cocktail fruit decorations. Feeding Colombo the giant tortoise a banana for breakfast was hilarious! Swans gliding round the mini lake at sunset was beautiful. The hotel thoroughly deserves its no 1 rating. If you're a party animal or you want to be near the main drag in a large hotel complex with children's activities, it would not suit. If you want to get away from the rat race and enjoy some tranquility in a wonderful setting, I'd completely recommend it. Thanks again to all the staff for such an awesome, restful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Botanical Garden with more them 500 different spices of plants and a variety of pleasant and relaxing areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Quinta Jardins do Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Funchal
- Jardins Lago
- Quinta Jardins Do Lago Madeira/Funchal