We stayed here last week for a week's holiday and really enjoyed it. The hotel is fabulous, up on the hill close to the old town with stunning views across the bay. Wonderful black and white chequed terraces, comfy chairs, well positioned swimming pool with comfortable loungers. The reception staff are really welcoming (we even had a welcome drink on arrival - madeira wine!) and very helpful, we were helped to choose a great tour (West tour of the Island - well recommended as we only had time to fit in one trip in the end), and they also booked us tea at Reids (recommend this too!). The rooms are good, only two complaints, you are given a stupid elecrontic box to use for the lighting in the room, not great when you need the bathroom quickly and the beds are not that comfortable especially with a woolly blanket in summer and they could use bed sheets that fit. We did have a lovely balcony though with a wonderful view! We didn't have dinner at the hotel as there are so many great restaurants to choose from in the old town (don't bother walking into the new part of town at night). Breakfast is great at the hotel in the morning with plenty of choice and the chance to sit outside on the terrace, perfect (apart from the pesky pigeons). We had a wonderful time in Funchal, and we would definitely recommend and go back to the Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal