We had seen this hotel when it had first opened but never ever had the opportunity to use it. We loved it, had a rather nice balcony room looking over the bay. We made use of the balcony each morning after breakfast whilst we collected our thoughts to make arrangements for the rest of the day. Breakfast, well it was like a merry go round, first you had to get your own tea, then your milk etc. then cook your toast then get the hot breakfast, if that was your choice, when like us you did not come down until 0900 lifting the lids on the hot food and finding it looking somewhat tired was not what was to be expected from a lovely Quinta such as this!! In most good hotels who have decided to allow you to get your own breakfast, they serve the tea or coffee and also the toast which in this case would have made all the difference. it felt like and was, to my mind, a self service cafe other than that you could not fault it but for us this is not a 'I must go back' feeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal