This hotel was in a very good location,not far from the old town with good views overlooking Funchai,the harbour and cable car. The service was excellent and the staff were most welcoming. Although we ate out sometimes,the menu of the hotel was very good and if you did'nt know what something was,they did try to tell you what it was with hilarious results sometimes. we had a great week there,visiting the botannical gardens and tropical gardens which both can be reached by the cable car which goes from the front,right over funchai and up to the top of the hills. Beware when you visit the small kiosks when you go to book a trip as some of them are really to do with timeshares so do your homework first. We had booked one but our agent who was with Prerstige Holidays warned us about it so we didnt go and went on a trip which she organised. All in all,a good island but i think a week is long enough. A really nice restaurant to eat at is called 'portao' which was a 5nin walk from the hotel. Very good service and food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal