We stayed here for a week in October 2012, and just loved it from the moment we arrived. The staff are all helpful and happy. The room was so comfortable and clean and the seaview room we had (worth the extra price) was truly amazing, I could have sat on the balcony for the whole holiday. We did have a little rain, but even then we sat in the comfy tub chairs by the french doors and still admired the view of the harbour and massive cruise ships docking. Breakfast was fabulous, all you could eat and all sorts of different things to try. Some people seemed to be in the breakfast room from the time it opened until it closed - 7.30 - 10.00, obviously filling up for the day! The location is just right, in the Old Town with so many lovely cobbled streets lined with restaurants and then just a further walk to reach the cable car station and main bus stops. The market is just a bit further and then you are in the town itself full of shops, cafes, interesting buildings and the harbour.
The only negative was that it wasn't very hot on our vist (we had the worst storm for several months) and the pool although it looked very inviting from the balcony I saw several people trying to get in the water and made it clear it was very cold. I tried my toe in one day and it was too cold for me!
There weren't many children around when we visited in October (I only spotted two very well behaved about 10 years old) as apart from the pool there wouldn't be much to entertain a young family.
I would really recommend this hotel especially for couples wanting a superb relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal