The hotel is at the top of a hill therefore views from the restaurant balcony and rooms with a balcony are beautiful. You can see for miles across the ocean and while many an hour away watching the cruise liners come and go. The hotels service is first class with all staff more than willing to assist and everyone so polite. Breakfasts are excellent with a good choice of food and continual refilling of tea and coffee cups. The bar service is excellent, prices a little dearer than the bars but not overly so...however the views and comfort of the hotels balcony are worth that little extra. Rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels every day. Our room had a balcony with a sea view and was clean and tidy. The bathroom was the same and the shower was very efficient.
As I said at the beginning the hotel is at the top of a hill so be aware that on your return from sightseeing or whatever you will do a little cardio exercise each time. Not a bad thing and sets you up for that evenings apertif!
Highly recommend this excellent hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming 4-star hotel Quinta Bela São Tiago was originally a traditional Madeiran Manor House built in 1834. The manor house and its extensive gardens have been carefully restored to create a paradise right in the heart of this lovely old district.The Quinta Bela São Tiago offers a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere in a unique location in Madeira! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Funchal
- Hotel Quinta Bela Sao Tiago Madeira/Funchal