Had a great time in this hotel. Sea view room with balcony overlooking the harbour and cruise ship port. Xmas lights in Funchal were spectacular and provided us with a breathtaking view from our balcony at night. The xmas gala meal served on xmas eve was amazing. There were about 6 courses and neither of us could quite manage all the food - there was so much. Service was very good during this meal and there were no long waits between courses, although we did need time for each course to digest ! Staff were efficient and friendly.
Room was kept very clean and it was a quiet location despite being above the pool area. Bed was comfortable (2 twins pushed together to make a 6ft bed). Good shower in the bathroom and plenty of hot water at all times in the day. There is a mini bar in the room with a variety of snacks and drinks should you want them.
Didn't try the outdoor pool but went in the indoor pool and the jacuzzi which were both very nice and not at all crowded.
The grounds are very tidy and well maintained and there were lots of plants in bloom, including poinsettias, bougainvilleas and bird of paradise flowers.
Food was available in 2 restaurants, 1 a la carte and the other where a buffet was served nightly. We were half board and after the xmas meals (which were served in the a la carte) we were transferred to the main buffet restaurant for the rest of the week. There was a plentiful choice of food for breakfast and dinner, with a chef cooking fresh food to order. Also you could buy sandwiches, snacks and fries at the outdoor pool bar and also the cocktail bar.
The weather was good for practically all of the week with sunshine and temps of around 20-21, perfect for a xmas break
As stated in other reviews the hotel is high up a hill, thus the fab views ! We walked into town on one occasion, which was a pleasant 25-30 mins stroll. We came back by taxi as we had spent hours walking round town looking at the xmas lights and didn't fancy the uphill trek back ! There is a free courtesy bus run by the hotel but it has to be booked in advance and operates mon-sat.
We had a very pleasant stay and would certainly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the west hillside of Funchal, with superb views of the sea, the bay and magnificent mountains. With a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, this is the ideal place for an unforgettable holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Madeira Panoramico Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Madeira Panoramico
- Madeira Panoramico Funchal
- Madeira Panoramico Hotel Funchal