Well appointed rooms with everything you could want for your stay. The beds are huge! You can get 4 pillows across from one side to the other! All rooms have a sea view. Beautifully kept grounds with staff that want to help you. The Bar and restuarant are a little more expensive than avaerage but that reflects the type of guest (in other words they charge what the gurst can afford to pay). Pool facilities are terrific and we never had a problem getting a sunbed etc. If you want to eat outside of the hotel, there a a number of really good restuarants to choose from, such as the Restuarant Lido (overlooks the sea and great fish), the best Pizza and Salad I have ever tasted at a little place opposite the Pestana Palms Hotel (on the hill) and many more. We liked it so much, we have bought a time share there! Loads to see and do on the Island and a great golf course at Palheiro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Residence Porto Mare (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Porto Mare (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal