Claire Taylor Dias (Admin Dept) at The Residence went over and above with regards emotional, physical, practical support. She made calls for me, packed up my whole room for me (whilst I lay in a hospital bed - totally incapacitated). She bought me shopping and visited me loads (I am 40 years old, and went on holiday alone for a "break" ....oh the irony).
She even did all of this on her DAYS OFF ! Amazing.
She gave me her personal mobile number and was there for me 24/7.
I am part of the 10 year Time Share deal and I can honestly say nowhere has EVER come close to the standard of The Residence/Porto Mare Hotel.
The staff are (clearly!) beyond amazing. The place is spotlessly clean and beautiful.
10 out of 10 ..... in every aspect. Really. And I am a very fussy person with ridiculously high standards.
40 year old single female, Kent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Residence Porto Mare (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Porto Mare (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal