29 April - 13 May 2013
This is our 5th stay at the Porto Mare Residence and it just gets better with each visit. My lovely Mother-in-Law has a time share and invites my husband and I to join her - it's never a difficult decision. We stay in one of the garden apartments over looking the sea, which is lovely and peaceful.
The Porto Mare Residence is also attached to the Porto Mare Hotel and the Eden Mar Hotel and there is linked access between all three. Whether you walk through the beautifully decorated inside areas and take a breather in the many comfortable lounges or walk around the wonderfully unique subtropial gardens with each and every plant individually labelled you will never be disappointed. There are also many bars and restaurants to choose from both day and night each offering something different whatever your taste.
We can most definitely recommend the Med Restaurant and especially the Manager, Paulo, and his team who are very friendly but remain professional. The food is exquisite and the service is perfect. There is also the Il Basilico which offers great Italian food both lunchtime or dinner.
During our stay we attended Paulo's wine tasting session in the Med, we also attended last year and learnt so much we decided to go again. We can highly recommend these sessions. Paulo is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about wine and again we came away with a better understanding of wine.
We also took a trip to the Santa de Serra Golf Hotel, which is part of Porto Bay Hotels & Resorts, which also takes in a cheese making factory and a bakery. WOW - what a great trip! Valentina was our lovely guide on the trip and Bruno was our very capable driver. The cheese tasting and eating the warm bread was wonderful. We then went on to the hotel and was served a three course meal with wine in a beautiful dinning room - this was advertised as a light lunch!!! What also made it even more special was our fellow trip goers. As the day progessed we began to laugh and chat and found that we all enjoyed each others company - a lovely day out was had by all.
What makes time share at the Porto Mare Residence special is that you meet up with the same people each year. It's like meeing up with long lost friends.
We have looked at many other hotels whilst we have been in Madeira and truthfully we feel there is no better place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your The Residence Porto Mare Porto Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Porto Mare Porto Bay Madeira/Funchal