This was our 1st visit to Madeira and what better could we have had than The Residence at Porto Mare (Porto Bay). Apartment well furnished and very well equipped for self catering. We hat 4th floor with view of the sea (a little windy) but would have been pleased with one of the garden rooms with beatiful flowers and sea view.
Great to have access to all the facilities of Porto Mare hotel and Eden Mare - 2 fabulous indoor pools, 5 restaurants, beautiful gardens, excellent Spa with wide range of treatments and well stocked supermarket within 5 mins walk. Courtesy bus into Funchal from hotel was very useful, as was the pick up for the Yellow Tourist Bus just outside too.
Cannnot fault it for a wonderful break. Highly recommended in every way.
Special mention for The Med restaurant - really good food and excellent service (led by Paulo).
Hope to be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your The Residence Porto Mare (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Porto Mare (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal