Just returned from our 8th trip to Madeira and our 4th stay at The Residence (owner) another wonderful holiday, everything about the resort of Porto Mare is of the highest standard, spotlessly clean, beautiful pools and gardens, friendly helpful staff and the restaurants are varied and of a high standard from the 5 star food and service at The Med, the Portugese flavours of The Alfalma, the main Atlantida restaurant and the great El Basilico Italian restaurant facing the sea. Our holiday was extra special this year as the Carnival was on on Saturday night and was spectacular like a mini Rio,and it seemed that the whole island had made its way to Funchal to watch it, my husband said he did not realize there were so many glamorous girls in Madeira!(I think it was the skimpy outfits and the feathers that turned his head! plus the weather was the best we have had and so we cannot wait for next year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Residence Porto Mare (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Porto Mare (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal