Myself and my husband stayed from 23rd dec to 7th jan and had another lovely stay at the residence. We stayed here last year for a week and decided to have two weeks this time.The ground floor apartment we stayed in was excellent just as last year was check my review from last december for what it was like.The staff at the residence are really nice and Benno on reception is exceptional nothing is too much trouble for him.The weather at this time of year is lovely and I would really advise you to stay at the residence especially in a ground floor room as you have access to your own garden area only shared with about 8 other rooms with sun loungers.The hotel as many restaurants to eat in and all are really nice but Il basilica there italian restaurant is outstanding there is alot of places to eat in funchal but make sure you eat here as it rates as one of the best italian restaurants i have ever had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying the west wing of the Vila Porto Mare resort, The Residence enjoys the use of all its facilities and a real sense of community. A wide selection of carefully furnished and fully equipped apartments where comfort is our motto. The 99 units divided into studios, one and two bedroom apartments are decorated with a touch of exoticism. The Residence apartments combine views over the ocean with tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, TravelClick, Expedia, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Residence Porto Mare (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Mare Residence Funchal
- Porto Mare Residence Hotel Funchal
- The Residence Porto Mare (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal