We stayed at this hotel for a week break in November. The hotel is very clean and spacious, we were quite surprised at how big our room was, we couldn't understand the negative reviews on here regarding this. We also had the mountain view which was stunning, being able to look up at monte. The pool bar was our favorite part of the hotel, with really nice food, cocktails and views of the pool and ocean.
Throughout the hotel the staff were really friendly, even though the size of the hotel is huge they would remember your room number at breakfast and have a friendly chat. The breakfast buffet was extensive with different stations including fruit, baked items, full english and champagne.
Out of all the big hotels this one is by far one of the closest to the centre of funchal with a nice walk along the harbor admiring all the cruise ships on your way.
Would definitely stay here again....
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Carlton Madeira Funchal
- Pestana Carlton Madeira Hotel
- Carlton Hotel Madeira
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel was totally refurbished in 2008. Enjoying a prime sea-front location, Pestana Carlton Madeira is one of Funchal's best established hotels offering direct access to the sea and 5 minutes walking distance from the center. The hotel offers 4 swimming pools,2 out-door, 1 for children and 1 indoor, sauna, jacuzzi, gymnasium, scuba diving, minigolf, tennis court, games room, playground, 3 bars, 3 restaurants. All rooms feature air-conditioning, safe, coffee & tea facilities, minibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Prestigia, Expedia, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Carlton Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.