Well-situated with very good views across the bay to Central Funchal and within walking distance of The Forum's shops and a promenade walk. Cheap car hire across the road. Close to key bus stops. Rooms are generally spacious, though not all have enough easy chairs for relaxation - we had to share one between two! Beds are comfortable, especially if you upgrade from the basic room to one with a King Size bed. Avoid rooms on the fifth floor under the restaurant and close to the car park, which can be noisy if you want to sleep in late. Rooms all have some sort of view but do ASK if you're not clear which sort of view you might get. Views at the side are more spectacular but views south to the sea benefit from day long sunshine: your choice! Food is generally good, particularly at breakfast. They are very good at posting the Dinner menu at breakfast time so if you're not on half board, you have the option of booking an individual dinner. We did this and enjoyed a good meal of local fish and fine wine one evening, instead of our usual exploration of local restaurants. Breakfast staff are generally attentive, with one or two friendly 'stars' who smile and offer great service. Sadly, reception staff are not as full of smiles and warmth, though the best of them are efficient and helpful. We did find the room maids' daily omission of something or other irritating at first, but then began to see it as vaguely amusing. If you mind about missing towels, toiletries, water etc., you might not see the funny side of this lack of attention to detail!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal