I chose the Regency Cliff by the simple process of working my way down the list of top places to stay in Funchal, as rated by TripAdvisor users, until I found one that we could afford! At the time I think it was number 11 and having done some additional research and contacted the hotel directly we booked a two week stay in November 2013. We are so pleased we did as the hotel was a great base for what turned out to be one of best holidays ever. This is a truly excellent hotel. It is stylish without ever losing that sense of personal comfort. The rooms are generously proportioned with individual and very private balconies. The location is almost perfect. House-keeping was spot-on (very clean and the staff dealt with every query and request quickly, courteously and efficiently), and the whole experience was just delightful.
Our package included two evening meals which we knew from reviews was not the hotel's strength. They were perfectly decent but if I am honest the restaurant is not up to the standard of the surrounding restaurants, (of which there are many and several truly excellent ones), but since we wanted to eat out and prefer to dine in different places this wasn't a problem at all. It's a bit of a shame as the Regency Cliff has one of the most desirable dining situations in the whole of Funchal. The outdoor terrace is simply fantastic (a wonderful place for breakfast each morning), and if they invited one of the successful local restaurants to open as a joint venture inside the Regency Cliff they could have the most sought-after dining in the whole of Funchal, (I'd invite Olives Restaurant to come into partnership with them). I would say that Happy Hour was the most astonishing value and made a great start to our evenings!
All in all this is a gem of a hotel and I can't recommend it highly enough. We would happily return again (and again).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal