I have been told that Madeira was voted the best holiday island destination. We can now understand why this wonderful island has been voted this. Anyway, this review should start with the Hotel.
We stayed 2nd time. We stayed there in Sep 2012, and returned for a 2nd time this Sep 2013, well last week.
Staff: Extremely professional and friendly. Everything flows like clock work. They also provide intern ships currently to 2 young enthusiastic waiters. They always had a smile and enjoyed their tasked. We can only say a lot of positives about the other staff, from cleaners, waiters and reception and more.
They made even more of an effort after our return. We received a hand written welcome note which was kind of nice as nowadays all is typed on a computer. It gives the personal touch.
We were treated with surprises every morning when we have returned to the room. There was a delicious fruit basket and a tasty bottle of water waiting for us. Another day there was a chocolate and the last day we have received a traditional Madeira honey cake and Madeira wine. Really sweet and healthy.
The hotel is clean, the food is fresh and you get extra in case you are still hungry after a meal. they have 3 nights of buffet night, Italian, Madeira and Tropical night and a lot various hand baked cakes and fruit as dessert.
The break fast : All what you can imangine. I was told that one of the staff grandmother is baking one of their cakes which is served in the morning. Not to sweet just right as you would expect a home backed cake to taste like. Eggs, meat, fruit and more for an early start. Of course, you might have seen the pictures of their terrace overlooking the see and more.
Tranport links : Are really good. Two buses No 1 and No 2 will take you to the main town centre. About 15 mins bus ride for 3.80 EURO for 2 person
The Hotel has also a FREE of charge cab service in the morning that takes you to the town from 10am or 11am and then back again in the evening. All free of charge.. All that needs to be done is to book with the reception the day before.
Free Hotel Wifi and Free Hotel Internet using a standard desktop pc
I have seen only quite and pleasant people using this hotel. Seldom Children but if they were any Children, they have behaved and were quite
I can write a lot more but i think i got most of the important points across
We will return for a 3rd time for sure as we got friendly with most of the staff there.
Out side activities. There are a lot of restaurants and a large shopping mall near by (5 Mins walk) called "MADERIA FORUM". Mo to Sun open. A lot of places from food and cloth shopping and cafes.
If you fancy a nice Pizza, you can also walk down the hil for 10 - 15 mins to Casa Italia and more.
Anohter note about the Cab/Taxi , Bus drvers and people in general.
All friendly and willing to go to the extra mile to help. The bus drivers has always enough change at hand in case you need to pay the fare. there are no complains from bus drives if you flash them a 5 or even 20 euro note. (Unlike here in the UK<...they wont even let you on the bus)
Cant wait to return for our 3rd visit
Markus and Lorraine (Guest staying in Room 312)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal