Have just returned after 2 weeks at this lovely hotel,we stayed here for 3 weeks in October and enjoyed it so much that we booked straight away to return this May.We were given a much nicer room than last time ,this time there were comfortable chairs to relax on and much more room.The only downside was it was east facing and therefore too chilly to sit on the balcony in the afternoons. As arranged fresh fruit and water were waiting for us in the room as before,but this time we were given fresh fruit and water most days until our last day when we received a Madeira cake and a bottle of Madeira wine to take home with us.
The staff as usual were first class and the rooms were cleaned well daily.
Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice only complaint was the toaster was hopeless still the same one as last time my husband offered to go out and buy them a new one if they gave him the money,how can such a small thing like this let them down,we are booking to come again next May and hope the toaster will have improved.
We did not eat in the hotel apart from breakfast as there are many excellent restaurants within a short walking distance.
We also travelled alot on the local buses which are frequent and reasonably cheap.
One thing that might save your energy is the Coastal Walk from the hotel was closed but there wasno sign to say so which means if you are in our age bracket you have to face turning round and climbing back all those steep steps.
There are some renovations taking place at the moment on the 6th floor terrace,but there is still room to have breakfast outside and work does not start until breakfast is finished.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal