This is a lovely hotel in the outskirts of Funchal. The rooms are comfortable with views over the sea. The lounge/bar areas look as if they have just been done up. There are lots of comfortable sofas in beautiful colours. There are also lots of wooden tables outside, which are used for breakfast when it's warm enough. There are also some beautiful garden furniture with cushions and footstools overlooking the sea.
The breakfast is good, with slight changes of menu each day. There are variety of fruit, yoghurt, meats and cheese, cooked breakfast and a range of breads. There are unusual jams like prune and squash. Strange but delicious! We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening as we prefer to go out but it was well used. They do offers for 3 or 4 evening meal deals, which work out at about E20 for a 4 course meal. There are lots of good restaurants close by. I would particularly recommend Real Canoa, Doca do Cavacas and a fish platter at the Barracuda Restaurant.
The Madeira Regency Cliff is well sited for getting around. The local buses to town (1 and 2, I think) are regular and stop just outside. There is a display to say when the next are due. They only cost E1.90 per journey. The red and yellow siteseeing buses also stop here. There is a taxi rank just a bit further along the road.
There is a lovely promenade from just behind the hotel to the town. There is a gate by the swimming pool which leads straight down to it. I would also recommend the promenade walk in the opposite direction to Camara de Lobos.
I recommend this hotel for the over 50s as it is very quiet. However if you do have teenage girls they will love the retail park just over the road. It has Zara, Zara Home, C&As and many clothes shops aimed at the under 20s.
This is a great hotel and available at a very reasonable price. Enjoy your holiday - we did!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal