For our first visit to Madeira we couldn't have chosen a better hotel. Despite being relatively small, which undoubtedly helps create a warm and friendly atmosphere, the Madeira Cliff has a wide range of accommodation - something to suit everyone we'd imagine. Our classic sea view room was comfortable, very clean and well presented. All tastes and diets were catered for at the generous buffet breakfast. For our first three nights we had a buffet dinner with a good selection of dishes. Folk who like to eat piping hot food might seek a microwave oven though. For the rest of the week we enjoyed an a la carte dinner menu which we found very good. All staff were friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable with regard to Funchal and Madeira. It is a bit of schlepp into town but the hotel provides a courtesy taxi which is best booked the night before. The local bus service is good and several sorts of tickets are available. A week is too short to do Madeira justice. When we return we're planning to stay for two weeks at the Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal