A walking vacation on Madeira combined with good Portugese cooking was on our minds. We booked a suite in the Regencu Cliff and hoped for the best. Well, we were disappointed.
The suite 204 has a balcony but no sunshine at all.
The internal pool is small and cold - the external pool is even smaller and much colder (I am from the Netherlands and used to cold water, but this was even for me too cold)
The wifi does not work in your room - only in the lobby
The breakfast is under par and even on an island with so much fruit not a banana is to be found, let alone other fresh fruit. Everything comes from a can or a package, even the eggs.
Personnel are distant and not helpful - on the hotel parking the places are blocked with a chain for the manager - not for the hotel guest (and if you park there your car is chained as well..)
We had dinner once since we were too tired to go out again. Huge mistake, so we found nice fresh food in the neighborhood.
So all in all, look elsewhere if you decide for Funchal; there are better places to be found with more personality and soul than this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in May 2001, Madeira Regency Cliff is a 4 star boutique hotel, just 5 minutes away from the bustling city centre of the capital, offering stunning views over its cliff-top location. This beautiful stylish hotel offers 59 tastefully designed rooms, including 2 suites and 6 Jr. suites.All rooms equipped with cable TV, Flat screens, Air Conditioning, safe, mini-bar (with fee), coffee and tea facilities.Suites and Jr. Suites equipped with coffee machine Nespresso, trouser press and MP3/DVD player.Connecting rooms are also available.Hotel Facilities: Wi.Fi internet access in Lobby and rooms , Fitness room, turkish bath, massage room, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools, restaurant with possibility to eat outdoor, bar and pool bar.From the hotel there is also a direct access to the Lido Promenade. Shops and restaurants in surrounding areas (Shopping Centre 50metres) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Madeira Regency Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal
- Regency Hotel Funchal
- Madeira Regency Cliff Funchal