We stayed for one week at the five-star Royal Savoy in a Presidential Suite on the top floor. Sumptuous barely begins to describe the surroundings.
The suite was immaculate; a large living-dining room, with a good-size kitchen attached and a cloakroom; the bedroom was generous and connected to the main bathroom via a walk-through wardrobe. Both bedroom and living room opened on to the large balcony which overlooked the hotel terrace, nine floors below, and, beyond that, the vastness of the Atlantic. The kitchen was well-equipped, although we didn’t use it much, eating out most of the time.
Free wi-fi was available in the lounge and on the terrace, and guest services were very useful for booking excursions and restaurants. Standards of housekeeping were excellent, and little details like the Easter egg provided for us on Easter Sunday showed thought and care.
The location was excellent, provided you were happy with a short walk (5-10 minutes) into the centre of town. We certainly didn’t feel any need to be closer than we were. As you would expect in this kind of hotel, room service and drinks at the bar were quite expensive compared to eating and drinking out on the island, but no more so than in similar five-star hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Resort (October 2001) set amid subtropical gardens with terraces and sundeck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Royal Savoy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Savoy Funchal
- Savoy Funchal
- Royal Savoy Hotel Funchal
- Royal Savoy Resort Funchal
- Royal Savoy Hotel Madeira/Funchal