My husband, my friend and I returned to the RS for 3 weeks in February and had a wonderful time once again. It is like returning to see family, the same staff are there and the welcome to go with it. We ate in the hotel 18 nights out of 21 and the meals in the Dining room cannot be praised too highly . We have teiwd a lit of thw reataurants in the past and still have a few dacourites that we always visit once but the horel is such goid value if you buy the dinner or half board vouchers.We attended the carnival night special evening and heard the wonderful Russian opera singer. She had an amazing voice .
My only comment would be that the menu should be changed occasionally as I stay twice a year with my friend and she stays with us twice a year.The meals are taken outside in summer months which we enjoy but also love a February break from the British winter!!
Bruno, Gilberto, Jose , Miguel , Leticia, Katya to mention just a few who help to make our holiday so enjoyable, as are Nuno and the staff on reception , and Gill in the Vacation club office . All the staff work so hard to please the guests .
There is plenty to see around the island and it is such a safe island to holiday in. The loungers are comfortable , the pools spotlessly clean and overall a perfect holiday. The entertainment has improved a lot , the drinks are a bit pricey which tends to drive some of the guests out if the hotel. It is mostly timeshare but it is nice to meet other guests who are on an exchange programme and they are always very impressed with the Royal Savoy . I can't wait for my next visit .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Savoy Hotel is situated in a privileged oceanfront location overlooking the harbour of Funchal. The city's fascinating historic and cultural centre are close by. Funchal's Old Town district, the bustling Marina, beautiful city gardens, Municipal Theatre, city squares adored with outdoor cafes & esplanades, Shopping Centres, Museums and many more interesting places to visit are just a stone's throw away. This Hotel offers 12 spacious standard rooms, 101 junior suites plus 59 superior suites with one or two bedrooms, each elegantly decorated providing the utmost quality and comfort whilst creating a unique exotic atmosphere. All rooms have an ample furnished balcony and enjoy magnificent ocean views. All junior suites have their own kitchenette, sofa bed, refrigerator bar, cable and interactive flat screen TV, DVD player, Internet, electronic room safe and a full bathroom with separate shower, hairdryer and bathrobes. The superior suites have 1 or 2 bedrooms, kitchen, sofa bed, refrigerator bar, interactive cable, flat screen TV, DVD surround sound system, electronic room safe and 2 or 3 bathrooms (master-bathroom equipped with bathtub and separate shower), hair dryer and bathrobes. All rooms have free internet wireless system. This stunning complex is architecturally designed to allow you to appreciate to the full extent the beautiful breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoy the wide variety of both on-site and off-site leisure facilities and entertainment services, including heated indoor pool; gymnasium; a luxury spa where you can enjoy the free use of the sauna, steam room and tropical shower; games room; hairdresser, free internet wireless system, fine a-la-carte and buffet restaurant, piano bar with nightly live musical entertainment and pool snack bar, 2 outdoor sea-water swimming pools (one heated), jacuzzi, and children's splash pool. We also feature a spacious sundeck and terrace coupled with shady and lush sub-tropical gardens, which are further adorned with a barbecue area, a short seaside promenade, fountains and water cascades, private sea access and outdoor games area - all providing maximum holiday ambience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Royal Savoy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Savoy Funchal
- Savoy Funchal
- Royal Savoy Hotel Funchal
- Royal Savoy Resort Funchal
- Royal Savoy Hotel Madeira/Funchal