Dont get me wrong, love returning to the Royal Savoy. Our recent visit was our third. Particularly enjoy breakfast in the main dining room, the staff are always attentive and friendly. Its location is a big plus. The outside areas are kept immaculate and even in March my wife enjoyed a daily dip in the outdoor pool.
However it was dissapointing to find that our room was less clean than any previous visit.
A resort of this quality - and price - should have the floors in guests rooms well cleaned upon arrival...our was not ... nor did it have other than a cursory flooring clean during the week. The balcony door glass were also only partly cleaned so very smeary too.
This alone will not stop us returning but regret not being able to give a usual 5 start report for the RS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Resort (October 2001) set amid subtropical gardens with terraces and sundeck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Royal Savoy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Savoy Funchal
- Savoy Funchal
- Royal Savoy Hotel Funchal
- Royal Savoy Resort Funchal
- Royal Savoy Hotel Madeira/Funchal