Our first trip to Madeira. Pleased with the hotel - very friendly helpful welcome by reception and Sara on guest services.. Lovely view from reception of sea and pool. Room spacious and bathroom good size- all very clean and well appointed. Bed and pillows comfy; water and soft drinks in the fridge. Hair dryer feeble though- because of this I booked to have hair washed and blow dried by the hotel hairdresser. She did a great job - would recommend -she doesn't speak much English but understood hairdressing requests!
Food in the buffet good and varied in the week we were there. Puddings exceptional!!!! All like dinner party desserts- much better than most hotels we have experienced and worth a taste of each. Food replenished regularly so even if you ate late there were the same choices. Service in the restaurants we found to be good- agreed that often there was no one to greet you but we quite like finding our own table.
Speciality restaurants were ok... Menues were limited to 2 choices per course in the Italian and Maderian so 2 x in each was enough ; Japenese was fun as they cook in front of you- set menu though so check before if you have dislikes or allergies. A change from the buffet.
Pool area and beds well set out - didn't try the pool as unheated!
The main bar in the reception area was good to sit in for pre dinner drinks - good service and atmosphere
Location of hotel good- out of the back gate onto the prom - turn right and walk for about 30 mins to a nice bar / restaurant overlooking a Stoney beach; turn left and walk into Funchal in about 25 mins. Buses from next hotel right down into Funchal every 20 mins - cost 1.60 euros each way
Whole day West coast min bus tour was great! Also enjoyed the cable car rides upto the top and then down to the Botanical gardens and back. Great views. Nice to wander along the old streets in Funchal - go around the Fort for the views and also look out for all the painted doors We liked it all and will definitely return
to Madeira. The Portuguese people were friendly, polite and helpful and seemed to have a pride in their work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal