Stayed as a party of 8 over 4 rooms for a week. (four older teenager and parents) .Travelled with First Choice and arrived at 1100hrs after the 0600hrs flight from the UK ( Manchester ) After the initial check-in we were told to return at 1400hrs for allocation of our rooms , wandered around the hotel eager to be able to get changed and enjoy the holiday. Returned to the reception at the appointed time, joining all the other people who had also been told to return at that time only to be told that the rooms weren’t ready. We were told to return in 15 minutes but we decided to leave it for 45 minutes just to make sure that the rooms were ready. We returned only to be informed that only one out of our four rooms was ready, asked to speak to the duty manager who explained that the hotel doesn’t prioritised rooms to be cleaned, so in theory there could be rooms that are ready but allocated to holidaymakers who weren’t due to arrive till that evening. We expressed our concern about this poor practice, only to be met with “we don’t prioritise different companies that is our policy “ Eventually after sending a team of cleaners to our floor, the rooms were completed by 1600hrs and we were able to start enjoying our holiday .
There was another incident where we were trying to get a table in the main dining room for our party of eight that wasn’t at the back of the restaurant by the drinks area. The most popular tables are the round ones and even though we had our name down for one, there seemed to be some confusion between the restaurant manager and senior waiters as to the process of acquiring a table that wasn’t near to “dirty plates “area.
I think that this hotel is a solid four star with a lot of outstanding features, as previously mentioned in other reviews, the poor condition of sunbeds and lack of free Wi-Fi are major stumbling blocks.
The reserving of sunbeds was rife, with some people reserving two sets for different parts of the day, there just seemed to be sufficient sunbeds available for the guests.
The food overall is good in the restaurant and snack bars, had a meal each at the Japanese and Italian restaurants which we enjoyed.
The rooms were of a good clean standard with a well-equipped bathroom and fresh towels when required. Towards the end of our holiday, the time that our rooms were cleaned started to approach 1700hrs – this may have just been a temporary problems for our floor
The bar in the reception area was fantastic with a pianist playing for a couple of nights, the bar man was great. Overall the drinks’ quality was excellent.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.