Which is more than you can say for the surrounding area. To get to the hotel the taxi went along the main road turned left and went down to the entrance of the hotel which is where the reception area is on the 6th floor! Even at ground level (where the pool is) you go further down to the promenade and then steps down to a small beach area. The larger lido is a good up and down walk. So if you're looking for a beach holiday on the flat forget this hotel however if your looking for a hotel based holiday around the pool with refreshments virtually 24hrs I would definitely recommend the Enotel.
At reception we were given our wrist band which entitled us to drinks, food and most of the facilities for the duration of our stay. You can have a drink at the bar in the reception area or go down to the sports bar (near the outside swimming pool) and next to the indoor one. Next to the Sports bar which has three TV's and a snooker table is an Italian themed bar where you can eat from mid morning. Buffet lunch is served in the same restaurant as Breakfast and Evening meal. There is also an opportunity to have an al la carte themed meal. After your meal you can where either sit round the pool, go to the reception area bar where a pianist or saxophonist is playing or go to the moonlight bar and watch and participate in the live shows. All of course whilst having an all inclusive drink.
In your room there is a mini bar which is stocked with water and 3 cans of soft drink (daily If necessary). The beds were comfortable, the air conditioning worked, the water was hot, the hair dryer worked and there was ample space in the wardrobe. Our safe was a bit temperamental (I think it needed a new battery) but the hotel staff were quickly on hand I complained. The only other problem we experienced with the room was the card which did not work during the first day. Again this was remedied by the efficient hotel staff.
If I had one criticism apart from the location it would be the dinning area which became a bit of a lottery where you may find a table and sometimes you may get your glass filled twice or 3 times and next night once if you were lucky.
Hills and more hills are a characteristic of Maderia but you can always catch a bus or get a taxi which can easily be found near the hotel. The centre of Funchal and harbour are is about an hours stroll from the hotel - longer to get back because there are more uphills than down.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.