This was my first experience of an all inclusive hotel and by and large I was very impressed. The property is obviously quite new and was spotlessly clean and although not a huge hotel there was a general feeling of space. The buffet for Breakfast and Dinner was excellent and offered a good variety during our 5 night stay. They also have two other restaurants, an Italian which was disappointing, and a Japanese which was very good. You will have to book these restaurants in advance. Naturally I visited all three bars and the service was swift with the exception of the Lobby bar which needs more staff in the evenings, the spirits are not of the highest quality but I take it that is the norm in an all inclusive. The room was a twin with living area + pull out bed, large bathroom and a huge balcony overlooking the ocean, no complaints there, fantastic! The entertainment was patchy, the dance troupe were good but the Parrot Show was awful and as for the local morris dancers I couldn't make my mind up whether I felt like crying or burst out laughing. On reflection my only one negative was that there was too few lifts, it was not uncommon to wait 5 minutes at Breakfast of during the Evening.
Make the effort to leave the Hotel via the ocean side gate, (saving yourself another walk up and down a hill), and try the local Poncha at the No2 Bar directly below the Hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.