Just returned from the Enotel Lido where we spent a relaxing week.
Our room was on the eighth floor overlooking the pool and Atlantic. Our room was adequate with a well furnished bathroom. The beds are hard but on request was given a bed topper which helped just a little. Wardrobe space very minimal, we could have done with much more hanging space.
Food was quantity over quality. Beverages were good with plenty choice. No waiting at bars or for coffee.
Japanese restaurant was a let down, cold food by the time the chef had served it all out. No atmosphere in the Kai at all. Waitress was excellent and was rushed of her feet. They really need two chefs here to serve hot food. Italian restaurant was ok. Madeira restaurant --. One chef again and cooks for tables one at a time, if you are last in be prepared for a very very long waiting time after your starters.
The reception bar was very stylish with the best coffee.
Spa and indoor pool great especially if the weather is bad. It is well used by guests and is also a private club for the local Madeirans.
The outdoor pool was a quite small area for size of hotel. Comparing the stylish interior the outside was a let down. Cheap sun loungers, very uncomfortable which tend to splay at the front legs, saw a couple of accidents. Not enough sun umbrellas.
As mentioned before the age group of this hotel is tending to the old and very old, a huge saga population. Would have really preffered a more diverse age span.
The best part of the hotel is the staff, lots of smiles and helpful, genuine people, in fact we found that all the people in Madeira were the same, very genuine and wanting you to enjoy your time on their Island.
Madeira is beautiful and diverse. funchal was terrific with lots to see and do.
Overall, a nice hotel that needs a few improvements to their restaurants and sun/pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal