Classy hotel, always clean and spotless, room unexpectedly large and comfortable. Staff friendly, efficient and always willing to help.
The hotel has a lovely vista and a great pool, we spent many an afternoon cooling off in it, the weather was mostly good and even if it did rain this never lasted long . They perhaps could benefit from some more umbrellas at the pools we were really lucky with the weather 28 - 29 some days.
There is a great snack bar at the pool that you can get food from most of the day which is good, the main dining room is large, efficiently run and the food is good. You can also book in the three speciality restaurants and we loved the maderia one the best. Cannot fault the food and always happy when no-one is I'll - real plus and credit to the hotel.
Impressed with the management, who are very viasable and continually quality checking everything - all areas always clean especially the toilets.
The top bar at reception is excellent for quality branded drinks with Roberto always giving great service. They often had a pianist playing which was nice.
Really pleased they had a library and book swap , they all have a shop and often have jewelry sales.
One minor issue was the entertainment which we found to be poor on the whole, as this is a all inclusive hotel we believe that if they could improve on this area then this would be fantastic. Otherwise we could not fault this hotel and we really impressed with the quality and value for money and we had almost enjoyable time in our first visit to Maderia. Wonderful hotel, wonderful holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enotel Lido Madeira is a comfortable 5 star hotel located in the main touristic area, situated above the ocean with direct access to the oceanfront promenade and just 5 minutes from the centre of Funchal. There are 270 comfortable rooms available including balcony with a ocean side view, air conditioning, cable TV, hairdryer, mini bar, separate bath and shower, bathrobes, telephone with direct outside line and voicemail facility there are also 47 Suites with a Jacuzzi, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Enotel Lido Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enotel Lido Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Funchal
- Tivoli Madeira Hotel Funchal
- Enotel Lido Madeira Funchal