“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We visited this restaurant during a recent fortnight’s holiday in Madeira. We ordered the fish skewer and spaghetti bolognese. One of us also had the Madeira Melon as a starter. Service was a little slow and some of the staff had better customer service skills than others. However, the food was good. The melon with Madeira was pleasant and the fish skewer was full of well cooked fish.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kingston Upon Hull
“Curry-tastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Please don't prejudge the dish. On passing this restaurant I stopped to browse the menu and I found what I considered one of the strangest dishes I had ever seen Chicken Curry with Flambe Banana I would never have thought of this in my wildest dreams and as a rule I always try local food you don't travel all that way to eat fish and chips in my opinion. My wife thought I had lost the plot when I said I wanted to try this strange dish but she said ok it's your stomach we were seated right next to the area where my strange dish would be made right in front of me we ordered drinks while browsing the menu one of the waiters over heard me talking about this strange dish he politely leaned over and said please sir try it you won't be disappointed so I ordered it.The ingredients were brought out to where the dish was to be made right in front of me boy the curry smelted amazing while the chef put the dish together I uncased my camera ready for when he added the alcohol to flambe the banana he said ready now just before he added the alcohol I got the shot and he served the dish and all I can say is it was worth all the waiting and watching.I would like to thank that waiter for recommending that dish he recommended another dish of which we returned the following night and again was not disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warsaw
“Espada with marakuja”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were attracted to this restaurant by espada with banana and marakuja. I must confess that during our stay on Madeira, I only ate espada for dinner, so it seemed a good idea to try another variation of this dish. It was good, but to sweet even for me. Service ok.

Visited July 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Flambe steak is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have been returning to this restaurant each time we visit the Island since 2004 and we have not been disappointed yet. OK the usher is a bit of an act on his own but no problem. The staff seem to stay constant which gives a good feel. We nearly always have a flambe expertly cooked near the tables as some thing different from the other restarant offerings, and have always enjoyed the meals although the veg selection is a little basic.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Skien, Norway
“Good food, okay service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The only person I was truly charmed by was the usher. Other than that the food and service was rather immemorable. By no means bad, just missing some of the edge that some of the other restaurants had.

Visited July 2013