This was our second visit to the Four views. Again we enjoyed our stay . The staff were very helpful from reception, restaurant and room service.Food good and varied buffet style, we were half board well worth it. The weather was a little mixed but did not hinder our enjoyment. We booked a sea view twin room with balcony, for me this is a must as this is the main part of our holiday.
The hotel is very convenient with tours and buses right outside the hotel doorway. In my last review I mentioned Joe's shop for bus tickets wine etc, unfortunately the shop has closed down due to his untimely death. Strawberry tours have changed their name to Lido Tours, we did the Nun's Valley tour again, a good half day trip 15 euros each. If you like a gentle walk by the sea go no further than the coast directly opposite the hotel. The flowers and their colours are vivid, head westward. Plenty of coffee shops and cafes very cheap and good. Down there is also a huge supermarket if you need anything - wine of course.
Funchal is only a short bus ride at 1.90 euros each. Visit the market for colour and atmosphere. go to the top floor and get yourself a fruit juice 4 euros each.
We will return to Four Views!
- Also Known As:
- 4 Views Monumental Lido
- Four Views Monumental Lido Hotel
- Four Views Monumental Lido Hotel Funchal
- Hotel Monumental Lido
- Monumental Lido Madeira
- Monumental Lido
- Monumental Lido Hotel Funchal
- Four Views Monumental Lido Madeira/Funchal
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Venere, Olotels, Expedia, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Four Views Monumental Lido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.