We have stayed at the Choupana Hills Resort & Spa from April 6th - 12th, 2015. To say it right away: we have very much enjoyed this place in the hills above Fuchal city, to our opinion the best hotel to stay in and around Funchal !
In detail: restaurant (we have had breakfast plus dinner): excellent, rely on the waiter's wine recommendation; room: spacious with fantastic views on Funchal; service: very friendly and attentive; pool area: big and very proper (no plastic furnitures at all).
Conclusion: a very well managed luxury hotel in all respects. However you need to know that the location is a bit away from Funchal city, and due to its nearnees to the mountains you may have some more clouds than down in Funchal.
Finally: no doubt, Choupana Hills will be our choice again for the next visit to the beautiful island Madeira !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of Design Hotels, Choupana Hills is located in Madeira Island Portugal and has one of the most beautiful views over the Atlantic Ocean. Nestled in a botanical garden the hotel provides a unique atmosphere. It's 62 rooms and suites are displayed in bungalows. Some African and Asian influences can be noticed in the unique decoration of this boutique hotel. The SPA has been awarded several times and exceeds the most demanding expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Choupana Hills Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Choupana Hills Hotel Funchal
- Choupana Hills Resort And Spa
- Choupana Hills Resort & Spa Madeira/Funchal