Where do you start! Wow! We absolutely loved this hotel! The setting is stunning and you look over the whole of Funchal, a great place to escape. We spend 10 nights at Choupana, i personally could have stayed for good.
The rooms are beautiful, spacious and all have lovely views, with greenery all around you and deckchairs or loungers on your balcony. The main outdoor pool is well maintained and cleaned every morning, even if it is raining or cloudy, good temperature and fantastic size, again with great views.
There is a mini bus that can take you into Funchal and runs every few hours - there aren't shops around the hotel, but that is the bliss of staying here, there is no noise, and you truly escape. Drinks in the hotel are reasonable and there is a cigarette machine at the hotel if you smoke.
We ate at the hotel every night, an extensive menu with something for everyone, and if there wasn't something to your liking, they would have bent over backwards to create something else. A great variety of wines available which match the food perfectly. The staff really look after you and help you choose a wine that is to your liking.
Not one member of staff gave any less than 100%, always happy and smiling, and with great humor. Nothing was too much! Ricardo the Manager is just brilliant, and you can see how his staff enjoy working for him, which makes for a happy hotel, and a great place to stay. From the minute i sent the hotel an email to check availability, Ricardo looked after us every step of the way, always making sure we were happy and taking the time to come up to us every time he was doing his rounds, however busy he was!
Thank you to all at the The Choupana Hills Resort & Spa - hopefully see you again next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of Design Hotels, Choupana Hills is located in Madeira Island Portugal and has one of the most beautiful views over the Atlantic Ocean. Nestled in a botanical garden the hotel provides a unique atmosphere. It's 62 rooms and suites are displayed in bungalows. Some African and Asian influences can be noticed in the unique decoration of this boutique hotel. The SPA has been awarded several times and exceeds the most demanding expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Choupana Hills Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Choupana Hills Resort And Spa
- Choupana Hills Hotel Funchal
- Choupana Hills Resort & Spa Madeira/Funchal