I arranged return airport transfer with madeira-airport-transfers.com for €36, when we landed driver was waiting with my name on sign, was so easy and hassle free.
Prior to ariving, I emailed hotel to advise them I required a room close to pool & restaurant, I had prompt reply & was allocated room 42- same level as pool, staff are very attentive there.
Rooms are a good size, with sofa area and a balcony with a wonderful sea views- which we paid extra for. Amenities include dressing gowns, slippers, bath wash, shampoo, cotton buds & hairdryer. There is cable Internet in room, we plugged in our laptop turned it into wifi for the room.
As advised by all other trip advisors I packed a thin jacket & scarf as it is cooler than the town at night as the hotel is so high up, came in handy for 2 nights.
Luckily during the day time it was super sunny & hot for the whole week, so the cold pool was very welcoming, there wasn't even a cloud in sight.
We ate in the restaurant 3 nights & room service 1 night, food is really good & very beautifully presented, although I don't think all the seafood is fresh, the scallops are amazing though & desserts are a must. Afternoon tea is also really nice & quite filling, the cakes are good!
The other nights we took the hotel shuttle bus to town, do ask reception to recommend restaurants, they will not disappoint. Bus only runs 3 times, very inconvenient, last bus out to town is 18:00 & last bus return is 18:30!
Taxi ride back from Funchal (market) was €10, from Lido-promenade €16, Marina area €12, we always asked for meter taxi, the one time we didn't it cost €8 from botanic cable car to hotel which should have only been about €5.
We love spa's but gave this one a miss as we checked out the spa rooms, they are tiny in comparison to the ones I'm use to, but I'm sure its good!
The resort is very relaxing, tranquil with very fresh air & friendly service, if you are looking to get away from it all, this is the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of Design Hotels, Choupana Hills is located in Madeira Island Portugal and has one of the most beautiful views over the Atlantic Ocean. Nestled in a botanical garden the hotel provides a unique atmosphere. It's 62 rooms and suites are displayed in bungalows. Some African and Asian influences can be noticed in the unique decoration of this boutique hotel. The SPA has been awarded several times and exceeds the most demanding expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Choupana Hills Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Choupana Hills Resort And Spa
- Choupana Hills Hotel Funchal
- Choupana Hills Resort & Spa Madeira/Funchal