We visited 4 hotels during our stay in Madeira and this one was the cherry on the cake. I have stayed at many 5 * hotels round the world and this hotel is right up there with the best. It was an amazing stay. The staff are amongst the most charming, friendly and professional I have ever encountered - they give the Four Seasons a run for their money service wise. When we arrived, the hotel manager cam out and met us and was incredible helpful. I had been travelling all day and felt car sick and the only menu available was an Easter extravaganza which looked amazing but too rich for me. The hotel manager arranged for the chef to cook me a special meal. This is the kind of personal service that you get during your stay. The front of House staff are extremely helpful and wonderfully courteous and should be applauded for their service as are the restaurant staff. We had room service a lot of the time whilst we were there, food was great and the lady who delivered the rood was exemplary. I did not take her name which is a shame as I would like to write to the manager to tell him what a great job she did. She had been at the hotel from the start and was so helpful. As we could not go to the restaurant for the Easter meal as I was not well, she laid up a table in our room to perfection and made it so special for us. She served us throughout our trip and was as helpful throughout. The spa was amazing. I had some ayurvedic treatments given to me by a sublime spa lady. She was excellent, I would recommend to anyone who is going to ask for a lady called Isabella, ( I think that was her name - she also works at the aruyvedic centre in Canico so you can ask for her with that info) she is extremely good and intuitive as to what your body needs.
The hotel was gorgeous, shame it was too cold to use the outdoor pool, I bet it is glorious in Summer. It is colder as you are so far up in the hills ( the views are to die for) but the villas are all heated accordingly so you never feel cold. The villas are divine and you feel like you are in a gorgous Asian style resort in somewhere very exotic. We had villa 24 which had a beautiful view of the harbour, the ferries coming in and the sea. Perfect. There is an utterly gorgeous friendly cat who comes and visits if you are happy to allow it. She is beautiful and totally chilled, just like the hotel itself. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, it made our trip and I will be returning in two months time as I had such a wonderful time - I never return to hotels unless they are truly spectacular and this one was. Go for the view and the seriously delicious breakfasts - I have never had such a wonderful fresh selection for breakfast ever. It was such a treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of Design Hotels, Choupana Hills is located in Madeira Island Portugal and has one of the most beautiful views over the Atlantic Ocean. Nestled in a botanical garden the hotel provides a unique atmosphere. It's 62 rooms and suites are displayed in bungalows. Some African and Asian influences can be noticed in the unique decoration of this boutique hotel. The SPA has been awarded several times and exceeds the most demanding expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Choupana Hills Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Choupana Hills Resort And Spa
- Choupana Hills Hotel Funchal
- Choupana Hills Resort & Spa Madeira/Funchal