My partner and I with our two year old son have just got back from a birthday week at the Choupana Hills. Beforehand, being heavily pregnant and having a two year old, there were many emails sent back and forth to the hotel asking questions to make sure all went well. They handled this with great care and attention and nothing went wrong in the planning.
We all loved our stay at Choupana Hills, it was like a little village with bungalows and it was in the perfect location. Our suite was great, very large and we all loved the jacuzzi on our balcony.
The restaurant was amazing, the breakfast excellent, child's menu good and Dinner was divine, the chocolate brownies with lemongrass ice cream was to die for! All the staff went out of their way to make sure we had the perfect week. I had a pregnancy massage on my birthday which was excellent. A heated table, very nice lady, perfect pressure, clean room. Then to finish off my day in the evening someone knocked on the door with a birthday cake and two glasses of champagne. Well you can't ask for more than that can you?
But - having said that there were just a few little niggles. There were places that were a little tired around the edges. Some of the outdoor furniture could do with renewing and the pool room needed at bit of attention. I mentioned this to the manager of the hotel and he assured me they were doing all they can to change any negative feedback. In fact new furniture is on their way! So if these easy to sort out problems are dealt with this year you have the perfect place for a holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Choupana Hills Hotel Funchal
- Choupana Hills Resort And Spa
- Choupana Hills Resort
- Choupana Hills Hotel
- Choupana Hills Resort & Spa Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of Design Hotels, Choupana Hills is located in Madeira Island Portugal and has one of the most beautiful views over the Atlantic Ocean. Nestled in a botanical garden the hotel provides a unique atmosphere. It's 62 rooms and suites are displayed in bungalows. Some African and Asian influences can be noticed in the unique decoration of this boutique hotel. The SPA has been awarded several times and exceeds the most demanding expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Choupana Hills Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.