I spent a few days at Choupana Hills as a solo traveller and decided on this place based on the previous Trip Advisor reviews. It's a relaxing place and staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.
Whilst it rained most of the time I was there, it didn't bother me too much as I was happy to have a few relaxing days. The resort is set in a beautiful surroundings and hotel staff are more than happy to provide more information on the area should you wish to venture further afield.
The only negative point I noticed that whilst the hotel is well maintained, it could do with a good lick of paint, especially in spa area which was damp and musty and the spa pool was cold.
Apart from that, I had a very enjoyable time and breakfast was fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of Design Hotels, Choupana Hills is located in Madeira Island Portugal and has one of the most beautiful views over the Atlantic Ocean. Nestled in a botanical garden the hotel provides a unique atmosphere. It's 62 rooms and suites are displayed in bungalows. Some African and Asian influences can be noticed in the unique decoration of this boutique hotel. The SPA has been awarded several times and exceeds the most demanding expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Expedia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Choupana Hills Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Choupana Hills Resort And Spa
- Choupana Hills Hotel Funchal
- Choupana Hills Resort & Spa Madeira/Funchal