We returned yesterday from a week of b&b at the Quinta da Bela Vista and it was a relaxing and really enjoyable holiday. We usually self-cater abroad so this was a departure from our usual type of holiday and we definitely made the right choice of hotel for our first venture away from the norm! As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel is outside Funchal in the Sao Martinho area and is a short bus/taxi ride away. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus Mon-Fri and Saturday mornings and a taxi is about 7 Euros. Being outside Funchal means the hotel doesn't have noise from the town so is tranquil and calming. The service is outstanding and the staff are fantastic - multi-lingual, friendly and attentive without being 'in your face'. Nothing is too much trouble and guests are welcomed equally. When we arrived, the receptionist walked us to our room explaining where we could find things and our luggage was brought up very soon afterwards with a tray of tea and coffee. On the couple of occasions during the week that we rang for more fresh milk, it arrived at the door so quickly that the kettle hadn't had time to boil! The hotel has several buildings, all containing antiques and everywhere is very clean and tidy. We ate at the hotel every night, using both the pool bar (a range from toasted sandwiches to the meal of the day), and the restaurant (a la carte). We didn't use the pool or gym area but the pool was warm and the small gym seemed to have most pieces of equipment you might want on holiday (if you're that way inclined!). We rarely holiday in the same place twice because we like to visit different places but, should we return to Madeira, this is the hotel we'll use without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We strive to give you the warm and genuine hospitality of the traditional Madeiran Quintas. There are many moments to be cherished at Quinta da Bela Vista, one of the most select and exclusive family properties on Madeira island. This five star hotel enveloped in two hectares of luxurious botanical gardens – the ideal place to relax and enjoy spectacular views - hosts a significant antiques private collection. Our commitment ensures every guest wishes are fulfilled, making you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline, HostelBookers and Jetsetter so you can book your Quinta da Bela Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Funchal
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Madeira/Funchal