We have recently returned from a week's stay and had to endorse what has already been said by other reviewers. We upgraded to a superior room with balconyand garden view and were on the third floor of the main building right at the end (320) with a fantastic view over the gardens to the pool beyond and over to Funchal bay. The staff were lovely and, without exception, efficient and professional. We chose the bed and breakfast basis, but had dinner there on four evenings. This was partly because there are no restaurants nearby, certainly not in walking distance. But the food was excellent and I can thoroughly recommend the crepe suzette!! There is a good choice for breakfast and it was lovely sitting outside on the lawn. Everywhere was so peaceful and I loved that there was no piped music anywhere. When sitting around the pool, which was full of the hotel guests, it was still quiet, but in a comfortable way. When we first arrived, I hadn't realised it wouldn't really be feasible to walk down to Funchal as the roads are so busy, but there is a complimentary hotel mini bus to Funchal on a regular basis, but stops at about 5.30 p.m. and also there is no service Saturday afternoons, Sundays and public holidays, but taxis are inexpensive and travelling by bus is possible. We are definitely going back there as this was one of the best breaks we have enjoyed and the hotel had a huge part to play.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Funchal
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Hotel
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We strive to give you the warm and genuine hospitality of the traditional Madeiran Quintas. There are many moments to be cherished at Quinta da Bela Vista, one of the most select and exclusive family properties on Madeira island. This five star hotel enveloped in two hectares of luxurious botanical gardens – the ideal place to relax and enjoy spectacular views - hosts a significant antiques private collection. Our commitment ensures every guest wishes are fulfilled, making you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, HostelBookers, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Quinta da Bela Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.