My husband and I have just returned from a week's stay at this superb hotel in Madeira. Other reviews have spoken of the excellent service from the highly efficient, yet very friendly staff, and we agree wholeheartedly. The hotel is an elegant home to the owner's collection of antiques and artefacts which he has amassed over many years. Everywhere is absolutely spotless, yet manages to remain comfortable and welcoming too. The gardens are beautiful and offer a pleasant stroll in the evening or early morning with a swim or a work-out in the gym if you feel up to it!
The staff are delightful - Paula, Carla, Alison and Fernando on reception during the day - are only too happy to advise and help with arrangements to make your holiday special and worry-free. Nothing seems to be too much trouble. And the same applies to the restaurant staff - Illarius (sp?) and his team of waiters and waitresses are just brilliant and the standard of service is impeccable.
Finally the food - superb is really the only word I can use. We ate at the two top rated Trip Advisor restaurants in Funchal during our stay and frankly, they weren't a patch on the Bela Vista restaurant. We had also had dinner at The Ivy in London shortly before leaving for Madeira and I have to say that the food at the Bela Vista was better.
All in all, this hotel was one of the nicest we have stayed at in many years of living and travelling the globe. We were grateful to everyone at the Bela Vista for enabling us to have a really wonderful break after a run of health problems - so much appreciated. Thank you all of you.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Funchal
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Hotel
- Quinta Da Bela Vista Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We strive to give you the warm and genuine hospitality of the traditional Madeiran Quintas. There are many moments to be cherished at Quinta da Bela Vista, one of the most select and exclusive family properties on Madeira island. This five star hotel enveloped in two hectares of luxurious botanical gardens – the ideal place to relax and enjoy spectacular views - hosts a significant antiques private collection. Our commitment ensures every guest wishes are fulfilled, making you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, HostelBookers, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Quinta da Bela Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.