This is a brilliant hotel, with all of the staff being extremely polite and very helpful.
Booking in, was simple and we were then shown to an excellent room.
Breakfast and dinner was very good, with my only small complaint being that the cooked breakfast came a little too cold. The choices of food was excellent also, as was the evening meals.
Other facilities include an indoor and outdoor pool. (refreshments available at both, although you do have to ring from the indoor pool, but it was still no problem. Gym and games rooms plus outdoor seating area next to the main bar (Vasco da Gama)
Rosie, who did all of our external trips was also very good with all sorts of information.
Overall it was an excellent stay.
Only one slight problem for those who are not so fleet of foot, is that it is a 30 minute walk to the town up and down some steepish hills. Taxi cost of this journey was about 4-5 Euro
We walked in but caught a taxi home
It did not ruin our holiday at all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Otel so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal