Arrived from a long, hectic trip and was greeted by warm and thoughtful reception staff that made us feel at home. Throughout the stay the staff came to seem more like friends than hotel employees. I don't know whether I've ever seen guests say farewell to a waitress who served breakfast by giving her a hug and promising to return soon but it makes sense in the way the staff engaged with the guests. Rooms are fine and the entire hotel including its garden are quiet. That's a bit surprising because it's on a busy street. It's an easy walk to the city center that may be a bit much for older guests, of which there are many. Several nearby streets lack sidewalks but the Funchal drivers do not seem intent on terrifying pedestrians. The hotel earns its high praise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal