This hotel is tucked away down a small side street and looks rather nondescript from the outside but once inside it is lovely, decorated in the style of an old manor house.
The gardens are small but beautiful, and the outdoor pool is once again on the small side.
The rooms are spacious and clean.
The staff are polite and friendly.
Breakfast is a feast.
The only down side is that it is a 10 minute walk to the main street for any cafes restaurants etc, and it is a rather steep walk back home afterward (a taxi is around 4 euros)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal