We spent the first week in may here. The hotel was lovely though the gardens were'nt as big as we thought from the pictures. The staff are all friendly helpful and polite. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a great laugh with the restaurant team! The only downside to the hotel was the menu. We stayed half board and it did get very repetative.
We had exactly the holiday we wanted, quiet grown ups hotel, no kids a really lovely time. Maderia is beautiful and we hope very much to go back. The hotel? Most certainly this one!
Thanks to all the staff.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.