There's not much to be said that others have not already recorded here. A small hotel, but with excellent staff and good facilties - the "standard" double room we had would have qualified as a "junior suite" in many places, I think. The public spaces are plentiful and nicely furnished. Yes, there is some traffic noise, but never too intrusive for us, and, in any case, a price worth paying for the location conveniently close to Funchal centre.
The breakfasts were excellent. We ate in the restaurant on three evenings and two of the meals were excellent, the other occasion was satisfactory, though maybe that was down to my choice of dish and personal tastes - not something I would normally choose at home and other people had the same dish and said they thought it was good so...
We visited for two weeks on a B&B package with Jet2.com and thought overall this was excellent value. We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal